Wednesday 6 October 2010

Autumn

I've taken a few snaps of the beginning of Autumn, my favourite season. We had a great weekend with some of Ian's half of the family and discovered Abergwesyn and Llyn Brianne to the west of Newbridge, visited the Red Kite Centre, and drove up through the Elan Valley. Wales' hidden gem as I heard it called on Countrywise on TV last week.



Us in the Elan Valley - from left Peter, John, Ann, Eileen and me.

Ians lovely mum

This is Llyn Brianne, a reservoir built about 40 years ago.
Red bracken...
We've discovered from the girl in the Post Office that the name of our house, Tyllwyd (pr.Tuth-loyd), means 'Grey House' - not the most imaginative name but it sounds good in Welsh and is an accurate description of its Victorian grey stonework. I love the orange tree that splashes colour all over it though today hardly any of its leaves are left.


No comments:

Post a Comment